California Photography

July – Some of the best memories are made at the beach

Summer finally made it to southern California and we’ve been spending the long days at the beach and lounging around the pool.  A few weeks ago I got a new camera because I wanted something light and small for summer days where only the essentials are necessary. After doing some research I was set on getting a Fuji XT-2 and I LOVE it. Its great autofocus and weighing next to nothing always comes in handy. The trendy vintage look is also an awesome plus! It was exactly what I was looking for. It fits in the smallest of my purses, and takes so much weight off of my shoulders. Since I have previously used only Cannon cameras, all my Lensbaby lenses were for those. So the next step for me was to purchase the Fujifilm compatible Lensbaby Trio 28 lens. This lens has the Sweet, Velvet, and the Twist all in one which makes my camera bags even lighter. Now I just have to carry one lens that has the effect of carrying three. This duo is absolutely perfect for summer and I’ve been having a blast using them. Here are the pictures that took using the two of them.

This blog post is part of the blog circle I joined in January. We are a group of Lensbaby enthusiasts from all around the world. Each month we share a blog post of Lensbaby images. Every blog in the circle will end with a link to the next member. Please continue your journey and head over to John’s blog. Thanks for reading and see you soon again with more stories!

by

You may also like

7 Comments

• Seonaid Teal

I love the colours in these shots and they so make me want to visit the beach

August 3, 2018 at 6:23 am Reply
  • Keri

Trio is the perfect lens to pair w these smaller cameras. Lightweight and super fun. You can also rotate in between optics for a funky in camera sort of double exposure. Ute, I love what you are shooting with yours!

August 2, 2018 at 7:58 pm Reply
  • Katrin

Sorry: I LOVE your colour palette!

August 1, 2018 at 10:54 am Reply
  • Katrin

Again I move your colour palette! Great pics and I am happy you enjoy the XT 2 and the trio (one can see it 😊)
    Love
    Katrin

August 1, 2018 at 10:53 am Reply
    • Ute

Trio and XT-2 are kind of a dream team, Katrin. Now I only need my new Doozie camera bag and I’m all set for all kind of adventures 🙂

August 1, 2018 at 4:37 pm Reply
  • Birgit

Wow, those pictures definitely have me putting the Trio lens even higher on my to-get-list..! I have an entry-level Oly EM-10 in my purse for days when I haven’t planned a proper photowalk, but haven’t decided on a LB to go with it. I do have an “old skool” Tilt Transformer with the Double glass optic, but other than that I’ve stuck to a *gasp* regular 17mm lens. Love the 3D-feel to some of the pictures above! I also quite like your style in post processing, with the crispness and the bright colours.

August 1, 2018 at 4:40 am Reply
    • Ute

Yes, Birgit, the Trio is a lot of fun. Especially because it is very light and super versatile. I pair it with a regular 28 mm lens when I travel and that covers all my needs.

August 1, 2018 at 4:17 pm Reply